Traveling to Edgartown and the Martha’s Vineyard area is easy. There are many ways to get here whether flying, driving, riding the ferry or cruising in on a private boat.
The Harborside Inn is just ten minutes from Martha’s Vineyard Airport. There are year-round direct flights to Martha’s Vineyard on Cape Air and seasonal direct flights on a variety of carriers from New York, Westchester, Washington DC, and Philadelphia between July 4th and Labor Day. Carriers and schedules are subject to change from year to year.
- Carriers who service Martha’s Vineyard include:
- Cape Air (year-round): 800.352.0714 www.flycapeair.com
- JetBlue/Cape Air Connection: 800.JETBLUE www.jetblue.com
- US Airways: 800.428.4322 www.usairways.com
- Delta Airlines: 800.221.1212 www.delta.com
- United Airlines: 800.241.6522 www.unitedairlines.com
Private planes are welcomed at the Martha’s Vineyard airport. Details are available at www.mvyairport.com.
BY FERRY WITH OR WITHOUT CAR
The Steamship Authority carries both passengers and vehicles to Martha’s Vineyard into either the port of Vineyard Haven (year-round) or Oak Bluffs (seasonal). They operate everyday, year-round, weather permitting. It is not necessary to bring your vehicle to the Island as transportation via public bus and private cabs are readily accessible. However, if you choose to bring your vehicle it is highly recommended that you make advance reservations at www.steamshipauthority.com or via phone at 508.477.8600 or 508.693.9130.
There are several passenger-only ferries which depart from Falmouth, New Bedford, Hyannis, and Quonset Point, Rhode Island to various ports on Martha’s Vineyard Island. There is also a seasonal ferry which runs weekends from New York to the Vineyard.
Passenger Ferries to Martha’s Vineyard:
- The Falmouth-Edgartown Ferry (aka The Pied Piper): www.falmouthferry.com
- SeaStreak from NJ, NYC and New Bedford to Martha’s Vineyard. www.seastreak.com
- The Island Queen from Falmouth, MA to Oak Bluffs: www.islandqueen.com
- Hy-Line Cruises from Hyannis, MA to Oak Bluffs (also Oak Bluffs to Nantucket): www.hy-linecruises.com
- Vineyard Fast Ferry from Quonset Point, RI to Oak Bluffs: www.vineyardfastferry.com
BY PRIVATE BOAT
Many travelers also come to the Island by private boat. If you are coming by private boat, you may dock at our private docks in Edgartown Harbor when you stay at The Harborside Inn.
The Harborside Inn is steps from the Edgartown Yacht Club, and has private dockage available. Marina and mooring services are also available in Edgartown Harbor. For additional information, contact the local harbormaster at the following numbers: 508.627.4746 or 508.627.6185. Channel 10 & 16 are monitored. Channel 74 is the working channel.
Our waterways are well charted but riddled with shoals. If you do not have current charts or would like more information about our waterways, you’ll find great resources provided by NOAA.