Milton House

(Gardenview) Milton House was built in 1840 by a retired sea captain who retired from the sea around 1837 and became a prosperous businessman in Edgartown, investing wisely in prime real estate, including a store on Main Street, which he rented out as a dry goods emporium. Guest rooms feature private balconies overlooking the Edgartown Harbor, Garden View rooms on the ground level with patios, and Street Side rooms with quaint views of South Water Street.